Video surveillance system for ATM - WatchDog
In recent years a major focus of plastic cards’ world market is the security and the fight against fraud. Technologies develop, new products emerge, and requirements of international payment systems tighten. Unfortunately, these measures still do not give full effect and periodically in the news feeds new reports about plastic cards’ data theft, fraud and etc. appear.
Banks and processing companies need to defend not only against data loss, but also the use of stolen cards in their areas of service.
Video surveillance systems installed on the ATMs have proven to be an effective means of combating fraud, and there are cases where the materials of video surveillance helped to apprehend criminals on «hot pursuit».
In addition, the surveillance system is a great help with disputes, and investigations of cases of protest.
The video surveillance system WatchDog is a software and hardware complex designed for the following purposes:
- providing multi-platform video surveillance and security at ATMs capable of responding to various events referring to servicing the clients both on the regular and incidental order (harm, attempted burglary, or transfer, fire, etc.);
- Support for remote access to the ATM, making it possible to remotely receive materials from the ATM collected by video surveillance system, change the settings for video surveillance system;
- operation of central controller of remote access - the software that controls remote access to ATMs with user accounts support mechanism, and roles for functions’ distribution and limit access to the appropriate functional only for certain categories of users;
- functional of the operator’s station – system connected to the controller of the remote access and providing an interface for operators using the system.
Operation of the video surveillance system
- review of videos from the cameras, brightness adjustment, contrast and color before capturing the image;
- video of events’ prehistory, the setting of such record’s duration;
- customizable record of titles on video and photographic coverage (date and time, card numbers, etc.);
- customizable sending of service messages on the server in the following cases:
- inoperable camera or video surveillance system board;
- if the free space on the video surveillance’s drive became less than the permissible threshold for a given period of video archive storage before his cyclical overwriting (the threshold and the period should be adjusted);
- warning if the record of the video archive is not on the main drive;
- tripping sensors track the complex;
- other custom events.
- stable and resilient system performance in networks with low bandwidth (GPRS-networks);
- customizable logging of all events (activation of all sensors, card inserting with no further authorization on the host, etc.), video surveillance systems with linkage identifier for each event to a specific file of the video archive;
- customizable (with a logical combination of events) respond to any event;
- the use of video surveillance system settings is done by synchronizing with the server with a custom frequency on the basis of the scheduler, request to synchronize is sent by the ATM;
- customizable task scheduler that allows you to you to'program' software on the ATM periodical execution of any action.
Operation of the software on the server
- communication and messages exchange with the ATMs;
- storage of ATMs registration data and their management (add, edit, delete);
- storage of ATM surveillance system’s configuration parameters and their management;
- recording and storage of logs in the database with all the ATMs online, as well as providing the necessary functionality for further searching on this database;
- storage of video and photo-materials, obtained either directly from ATMs, as well as imported from other carriers;
- opportunity to periodically make archives and export video to external media;
- centralized access control system, the division of rights and privileges of operators and administrators;
- customizable centralized logging of operator actions, followed by the ability to search data logs.
Operation of the operator’s station
- review of a list of ATMs, which current operator has access to, with the ability to search and filter;
- operations on groups of ATMs, the ability to create and edit these groups;
- review of the logs of ATMs, with the ability to search and filter by types, date / time or event;
- search for video- and photo-materials with the ability to specify various search criteria (card number, ATM number, camera number, recording date and time, event (s) in which the recording was made, etc.)
- search is on the server event logs without recourse to ATMs;
- search result is a reference to a particular file stored on the ATM. Links can be added to the job for uploading files. Checking of the availability of jobs for loading occurs during periodical synchronization;
- principle of a download. If a fragment of the video was downloaded to the server, all subsequent responses to the operators on this event will go to the specified file already on the server;
- the ability to save the above settings once used to search and filter in the form of templates, with the possibility of future use;
- control parameters of video surveillance systems for individual ATMs and groups;
- ability to create, edit, export and import settings templates of video surveillance;
- distributed access-controlled system from the server:
- authentication occurs in the system through a login and password;
- system should allow to organize workplaces of the operators with the appointment of an administrator to access their rights;
- structure of access rights for all operators of the system are made up of three main sets: the actions, ATMs and users. The operator can work only with terminals, for which it has a right to access and perform only those actions for which it has a permit issued by system administrators.